Head of Sales
Due to rapid business growth and significant investment an exciting new opportunity has arisen to join and lead the sales team at the East of England Arena and Events Centre in the role of:
Leading the sales team and reporting directly to the Managing Director, this position primarily focuses on driving proactive sales activity for maximising all room and event space. This will include arena, atrium, conference, banqueting, meeting rooms as well as all commercial outdoor land and space. This role also has direct responsibility for creating and implementing all strategic sales and marketing plans and ultimately ensuring the maximisation of all revenue streams are delivered across the business inline will agreed targets and budgets. The Head of Sales will have a proven record in large scale sales management ideally within the leisure, events or hospitability industry and will be driven to surpass all targets and commercial KPI’s. The Head of Sales will also directly lead and manage the sales team and will form part of the onsite senior management team therefore it is critical to demonstrate a people centric leadership style with the ability to motivate, lead and develop great people across the business.
Proactive Sales Activity:
- Developing and implementing strategic sales plans that expand a company’s customer base and solidify its presence with the UK and local marketplace
- Achieving growth and hitting sales targets by successfully managing sales teams and by assessing the teams’ strengths and weaknesses
- Establishing productive and professional relationships with key personnel in new and existing customer accounts
- Building and promoting healthy, long-lasting customer relations by partnering and identifying opportunities to work in collaboration
- Developing and implementing new sales initiatives, strategies, and programmes to capture key demographics and drive intentional sales growth across all areas of the business
- Providing daily and weekly sales reports of sales success/conversion in line with all agreed budgets and KPI’s
- Ensure the sales CRM function is fully implemented and utilise to ensure all key sales data is used to identify opportunities to drive sales performance and revenue across key areas of the business
- Building meaningful and collaborative relationships with the onsite operational departments to ensure all sales activities are deliverable and in line with profit expectations
- Be accountable & be empowered to make bold decisions in driving new business adhering to the pre-set strategic guidelines using tools available
- Be able to work to and exceed all sales targets and personal objectives
- Effectively manage time and impact ensuring the completion of all pre-set tasks on a daily & weekly basis.
- To participate in departmental and all East of England Arena & Events Centre courses and meetings as required
- To obtain a full knowledge of competitor products in order that identification can be made when quoting to customers to understand marketplace
- Lead and support the sales team ensuring they have clear targets in place and ensuring they are upskilled at every opportunity
- Ensure clear intentional development of the sales team is in place along with a clear succession plan ensuring a healthy talent pipeline is in place
- Able to accurately forecast sales activity and business growth
Building Customer Relationships
- Maintain and drive effective and appropriate liaison with clients whilst on property for site inspections and events.
- Proactive approach to identifying and visiting new clients to drive awareness of East of England Arena & Events Centre facilities
- Build key new and existing client relationships by proactively sales & marketing activity
- Work with sales team to create positive & professional relationships with all new and existing clients supporting sales calls and on/off site sales visits
- To be actively involved in client educational, entertainment and sales promotions including attendance of trade shows as appropriate.
The skills & attributes you will bring:
- Excellent leadership and communication with an ability to energise others
- Relentless drive to exceed all targets and commercial KPI’s
- Previous experience in Sales management within the Events, Leisure, or Hospitality Industry
- Ability to challenge and inspire growth
- Previous experience in leading, managing and developing sales teams
Salary: Up to £40K (Dependent upon experience) For more information or to apply please contact Jennifer Mason at [email protected]
East of England Arena welcomes new events manager
Circus Fantasia delights young and old in Peterborough
East of England Arena welcomes 10,000 visitors cyclists to the Tour of Cambridgeshire 2022
Want to know more about an event or the venue?
For all event enquiries always check our event(s) pages or our social media channels for the most up-to-date information.
If you can’t find the answer to your questions please contact via the form below:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01733 363500
East of England Arena and Events Centre
If looking for us with your SAT NAV, please use PE2 6HE as the postcode.
Peterborough is located on the East Coast Main line running from London Kings Cross to Edinburgh. A number of fast trains run on this network, making London accessible in 45 minutes on specific trains.
The station has its own taxi rank, which means reaching the East of England Arena is approximately 15 minutes away once the train has arrived in the station.
Arriving by car, you will be guided to one of our hard standing or grassed free parking areas. There are 22,000 spaces – so plenty of room for everyone. We also have plenty of disabled parking bays.
Travelling from Peterborough City Centre – take the Nene Parkway/A1260, follow directions to Oundle Road/A605 and turn right onto this road, which will lead you directly to the venue. The brown highway signs indicating East of England Arena/Showground will help to guide you. The journey is approximately 16 minutes from the centre of Peterborough.
Travelling from the A1(M) South – continue along the A1(M), passing the Peterborough Services (Extra MSA); continue forward onto the A1 and then take the next turn left, signposted East of England Arena/Showground. At the junction with the A605, turn left and travel half a mile. At the roundabout, turn right, and you have arrived at the East of England Arena.
Travelling from the A1(M) North – ignore the very first signpost for Peterborough and continue travelling along the A1 picking up the brown highways signposts indicating East of England Arena/Showground. Follow these signs and leave the A1 at Alwalton, taking you through the village and onto the A605 Oundle Road junction. Turn left at this junction and at the very next roundabout, turn right and you’ve arrived at Peterborough Arena. If you are in a heavy vehicle, or towing a trailer, we advise you to avoid driving through Alwalton. In this case continue on the A1, leaving at Junction 17. Turn left onto Fletton Parkway A1139. After half a mile exit onto the Orton Parkway (still A1139) taking the second exit at the roundabout. Continue on Orton Parkway at the next roundabout. After half a mile turn left onto Oundle Road where you will find the entrance of the Arena on your left after 600m.
By Public Transport
Peterborough City Centre has a number of taxi ranks, as well as a coach park and bus station located within the Queensgate Centre. The Stagecoach bus service runs a half-hourly service during the week and two-hourly Sunday service, stopping just outside the East of England Arena. The bus number to look for is X4 leaving Bay 15 at Queensgate, Peterborough.
The bus stop is located at the Marriott Hotel, Lynchwood. A fifteen minute walk will bring you to our main entrance gate.
East of England Arena’s location makes it central for London Stansted, London Luton, East Midlands and Birmingham airports – all four are approximately 60-90 minutes away by car.